Work & Holiday Visa
This visa provides Australia Working Holiday Visa holders with casual work rights in order to supplement their travels. Work undertaken must be incidental to the main purpose of holidaying and employment for more than 6 months with any one employer is not allowed. The application for a first Working Holiday Visa must be made offshore (i.e. not in Australia).
- hold a passport from an eligible country or jurisdiction
- be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) – except for Canadian, French and Irish citizens who can be 18 to 35 (inclusive)
- apply online from outside Australia
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- not have previously entered Australia on a subclass 417 or 462 visa.
Working Holiday Visa Australia – Health and Character Requirements
- You must not have any substantial criminal convictions.
- You must not have any substantial medical issues.
With this visa you can
- do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
- study for up to 4 months
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- do 3 months of specified work to become eligible for a second Working Holiday visa
You can do any kind of work on this visa.
Usually, you can only work for the same employer for 6 months.
You can study for up to 4 months (17 weeks).
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. You must enter Australia within 12 months of the date your visa grant.
The visa becomes active on the date you enter Australia. Once you have entered and the visa is activated, you can:
- stay in Australia for up to 12 months
leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like in that 12 months