Work & Holiday Visas
The Australian Work and Holiday Visa is very similar to the Australian Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) in many ways, but is open to several other countries including the United States.
- hold a passport from an eligible country or jurisdiction
- be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive)
- apply from outside Australia
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- not have previously entered Australia on a subclass 417 or 462 visa.
Working Holiday Visa Australia – Health and Character Requirements
- You must not have any substantial criminal convictions.
- You must not have any substantial medical issues.
With this visa you can
- do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
- study for up to 4 months
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- do 3 months of specified subclass 462 work to become eligible for a second Work and Holiday visa
- You can do any kind of work on this visa.
- Usually, you can only work for the same employer for 6 months.
You can study for up to 4 months (17 weeks).
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. You must enter Australia within 12 months after the visa grant date.
The visa becomes active on the date you enter Australia. Once you have entered and the visa is activated, you can:
- stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like in that 12 months